Do Naina Ek Kahani... Lata Mangeshkar
nimesh dand
2010-07-09 12:40:09 UTC
Hi All friends on Burman sahab's group,

One fact about the Pancham music was his sense of singer selection and that is
why maximum songs of his are a rage undoubtedly.
I feel at times that the song do naina aur ek kahani from maasoom was meant for
Lataji and Lataji only but it was rather sung by some other female playback
singer. Sorry don't know her name but yet the song is pleasing to ears with the
extra nuances put forth by the singer and I am sure that it must be the
suggestions of Pancham that the singer did a wonderful job. Before and after
this song never heard any other song of that singer.

somehow every now and then I do get a feeling that this song was indeed most
suited in none other than Lata Mangeshkar's voice.

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
pancham-digest-***@public.gmane.org
pancham-fullfeatured-***@public.gmane.org

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Abhijeet Thakare
2010-07-09 12:47:04 UTC
Dear Nimesh,

Do naina is sung by Aarti Mukherji and she got National Award for this Song.

Abhi

Nitin Patnia
2010-07-09 13:24:26 UTC
Hi nimesh,

I was recently listening to someone on pancham's bday where he mentioned that pancham's choice of singers was impeccable.

Arti has sung this song in masoom (and pancham has used her again, am not recalling). This song was filmed on the other female if I remember correctly and not shabana azmi.

For madam azmi, a mature voice was ideal and hence lata ji was used for tujhse naraz nahin.

pancham learnt this from his father. Wonderful example is Abhiman, where with changing traits of Amitabh's personality, male singer kept changing from KK to rafi to manhar and then back to KK. While lataji remained constant to jaya.

- Nitin Patnia

Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone Essar

Hitendra Parikh
2010-07-09 13:29:40 UTC

To my best recollection, the song was picturised on Shabana Azmi.

Vishwas Nerurkar
2010-07-09 14:08:13 UTC
Absolutely correct. The song was picturised on Shabana only. Tujhse Naaraaz
is used as a background song in the film.

Sudhir
2010-07-10 03:53:29 UTC
No Vishwas jee

The song also has second antara "thodisi hai jaani hui thodisi nai" picturised on Supriya Pathak , playing the mother's character. Pancham superbly introducing that tar shehnai filler after the opening line.

Regarding the choice of Aarti Mukherjee , "I like this" (Facebook style).

Sudhir

Sumeet Mishra
2010-07-10 06:36:09 UTC

Yes this song would have done bigger wonders had Lata Mangeshkar sung it.. the composition is a typical Lata composition by Pancham.

Rgds

SUMEET

abhijit mukherjee
2010-07-11 06:41:33 UTC
Beg to differ Summeet....

RDB knew exactly whom should sing which song...which is why Annette sang "chodo sanam" instead of Asha ji...

Similarly, Lata ji sang "Tujhse Naraaz" in the same movie...and not "Do naina"

Similarly Kavita Krishnamurthy sang "dil ne kaha" in 1942, instead of Lata ji...

On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 07:43:25 +0530 wrote
Hi,

From: Sudhir

To: pancham-***@public.gmane.org

Muneesh Bali
2010-07-09 14:23:35 UTC
The song was picturised on Shabana Ji only.

Regards

Muneesh Bali
(Sent from i phone)

Iyer, Ajit
2010-07-09 14:46:31 UTC
Ok guys, this is positively getting boring now. Can we move on please?

________________________________

Post by Nitin Patnia
For madam azmi, a mature voice was ideal and hence lata ji was used for tujhse naraz nahin.
pancham learnt this from his father. Wonderful example is Abhiman,
where with changing traits of Amitabh's personality, male singer kept
changing from KK to rafi to manhar and then back to KK. While lataji
remained constant to jaya.
Post by Nitin Patnia
- Nitin Patnia
Sent on my BlackBerry(r) from Vodafone Essar
One fact about the Pancham music was his sense of singer selection and that is
why maximum songs of his are a rage undoubtedly.
I feel at times that the song do naina aur ek kahani from maasoom was meant for
Lataji and Lataji only but it was rather sung by some other female playback
singer. Sorry don't know her name but yet the song is pleasing to ears with the
extra nuances put forth by the singer and I am sure that it must be the
suggestions of Pancham that the singer did a wonderful job. Before and after
this song never heard any other song of that singer.
somehow every now and then I do get a feeling that this song was indeed most
suited in none other than Lata Mangeshkar's voice.

</pre>

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary
to Capital One and/or its affiliates. The information transmitted herewith
is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination,
distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from your computer.

</pre>

Hitendra Parikh
2010-07-09 13:28:04 UTC

That singer is Aarti Mukherjee, who started in Bollywood with Geet Gaata Chal

Shirish Prabhudesai
2010-07-09 20:29:35 UTC
Aarti Mukherjee has also sung in Rang Birangee... not aware of other songs though...

2010-07-10 03:24:31 UTC
Nimesh, thanks for bringing up this song. This one is one of my most
favourite songs. For me, It would be right up there alongwith the
songs of aandhi, ghar, ijazat, amar prem. I am convinced that nobody
could have sang it as brilliantly as what aarti mukherjee did. The
song required tremendous amount of sensitivity, tenderness and
emotion. And she was more than up to it. The story, cinematography,
cast, performance, lyrics and RD's devine music for the song - just
too much. While you are watching the film, it almost becomes
impossible not to break into tears by the time this song sequence
comes. A special mention about the interludes of the song, i consider
it as one of the classiest from the maestro. Its gut-wrenching and
goosebumpy stuff. Aarti mukherjee is a very famous bengali singer.
Although she sang very few hindi songs, most of them were major hits.
She also sang the famous duet 'Do panchi, do tinke, dekho leke chale
hai kaha' with Kishore Kumar.

Regards,
Pinak Pal
www.pinaks.in
www.designonline.me
Go Bizarre!

Vishwas Nerurkar
2010-07-11 02:14:34 UTC
Another best number of Aarti Mukherjee with Pancham is "Meri Tanhaaee Ko
Shahanaaee Kaa Paighaam Naa Do (Duet with KK). A real beautiful number and
Pancham's unusual composition.

Vishwas
Post by Pinak Pal
[...]
though...

Partha
2011-05-08 16:00:30 UTC
I like to visit RD's house during my short visit to Mumbai on 15Th May'2011.
Can any one here help me in this regard?

Partha

Sumeet Mishra
2011-05-09 14:35:16 UTC
Hi Partha,

a) You need to be at the SV Road, Santacruz(west) and ask for this chinese restaurant "Dynasty''

b) Opp to Dynasty, there's lane that goes to Link Road.

c) While travelling from SV Road to Link Road, you come across the 1st cross road.

d) 2nd or 3rd building on the left is this building 'Mary Land'

e) The entire 1st floor is where the Lord Lived (dual flat)

Some Facts abt the Lord (I have heard)..

a) At the corner of the junction, there a bhel puri wala who claims that RDB was his regular customer who never allowed him to buy any of RDB audio cassettes but instead gifted him

b) For creating the tinkling start in the song Chura Liya hai tumne jo dil ko, RDB personally moved a lot in Mumbai exploring glass shop to get that glass which could create the perfect tinkling sound!!

c) Lord was greatly fond of extremely spicy food. It is said that it affected his taste buds towards the end.

Best Regards

SUMEET MISHRA

binesh nair
2011-05-10 19:43:30 UTC
I regularly visit this area. Is this house still occupied . Can we visit this house and just be a part of those areas where our lord lived
bineshpancham

From: Partha <parath_49-/***@public.gmane.org>

To: pancham-***@public.gmane.org

Anirudha Bhattacharjee
2011-05-11 03:58:42 UTC
Not occupied. You would need permission from Asha to get an entry into the house.

________________________________

ajay sheth
2011-05-11 16:10:44 UTC
You will not be able to see it from inside,for sure.Think of visiting only if you want to see it from outside.

2011-05-11 02:29:55 UTC

This is indeed a great idea. I suggest all of us who reside in and around Mumbai, must plan to go on this 'pilgramage'.

Should we plan this on June 27th (LoRD's b'day) or at the earliest?

Cheers,

jaaved mahadik
2011-05-11 13:44:56 UTC
Yes, June 27th would be a great idea.

Best regards
Javed H. Mahadik

________________________________

From: Partha <parath_49-/***@public.gmane.org <mailto:parath_49%40yahoo.co.in> >

To: pancham-***@public.gmane.org <mailto:pancham%40yahoogroups.com>

Sumeet Mishra
2011-05-11 15:20:26 UTC
I suppot this ..may be on 27th June.

It would be a great idea to catch up with pancham fans and pay tribute to the legend.

Rgds

SUMEET

From: Partha <parath_49-/***@public.gmane.org <mailto:parath_49%40yahoo.co.in> >

To: pancham-***@public.gmane.org <mailto:pancham%40yahoogroups.com>

binesh nair
2011-05-11 19:46:57 UTC
please keep us posted. it would be one of the best things to happen. but let's do it systematically with no inconvenience to anyone.

From: jaaved mahadik <jaaaved-/***@public.gmane.org>

To: pancham-***@public.gmane.org

Date: Wednesday, 11 May, 2011, 7:14 PM

From: Sumeet Mishra <sumeet_mishra-/***@public.gmane.org <mailto:sumeet_mishra%40yahoo.com>

To: pancham-***@public.gmane.org <mailto:pancham%40yahoogroups.com>

Cc: parath_49-/***@public.gmane.org <mailto:parath_49%40yahoo.co.in>

From: Partha <parath_49-/***@public.gmane.org <mailto:parath_49%40yahoo.co.in> >

To: pancham-***@public.gmane.org <mailto:pancham%40yahoogroups.com>

manoj anand
2011-05-12 23:34:00 UTC
Come June and I will join the band wagon with another perspective in mind.Will be in Mumbai by 23rd June 2011.Would love to meet you all shradhaloos.

Regards,
Manoj Anand.

From: Partha <parath_49-/***@public.gmane.org <mailto:parath_49%40yahoo.co.in> >

To: pancham-***@public.gmane.org <mailto:pancham%40yahoogroups.com>

binesh nair
2011-06-10 20:26:33 UTC
Good day,
Will we be able to visit pancham da's house.

From: jaaved mahadik <jaaaved-/***@public.gmane.org>

To: pancham-***@public.gmane.org

Date: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 7:14 PM

From: Sumeet Mishra <sumeet_mishra-/***@public.gmane.org <mailto:sumeet_mishra%40yahoo.com>

To: pancham-***@public.gmane.org <mailto:pancham%40yahoogroups.com>

Cc: parath_49-/***@public.gmane.org <mailto:parath_49%40yahoo.co.in>

From: Partha <parath_49-/***@public.gmane.org <mailto:parath_49%40yahoo.co.in> >

To: pancham-***@public.gmane.org <mailto:pancham%40yahoogroups.com>

Pradeep Singh
2011-06-13 06:23:06 UTC

Hi Guys,

     I would also like to join in. I reside in Mumbai. Please let me know the date.

My number is: 99304 54031.

Cheers..........Pradeep.

Date: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 7:14 PM

From: Sumeet Mishra <sumeet_mishra-/***@public.gmane.org <mailto:sumeet_mishra%40yahoo.com>