Movie vs CD version of the song
badaa_kabootar
2011-05-12 11:49:11 UTC
Hello all,

I wanted to ask this query for a long time...I have not checked past
message archives if this topic has already been discussed.

You might have noticed that for some Pancham's songs, the song shown in
the Movie has some more or less musical or vocal parts, than the song
released on the audio CD/cassette/LP - and in some cases, it is vice
versa.

Some examples...
1) "Sooni re sajariya sajan bin tere", from Namak Haram by Asha & Usha.
The movie version of this song has more beautiful "alaaps" by Asha &
Usha, but the CD version does not have it.

2) "Koi nahin hai kahin" & Guru Vandana from Kinara. The movie version
of these songs has some more nice musical pieces, but the CD version
does not have it.

3) "Tere bina jiya jaaye na" from Ghar by Lata. The movie version of
this song by Lata, has Kishore singing few lines towards the end of this
song, but the CD version does not have it.

If you try to rip these missing/additional musical parts from the
VCD/DVD versions, then the sound quality is not great and you have to do
additional audio processing work.

Once reason, that comes to my mind, for above situation, is that there
is limited space on the CD/audio cassette and hence, the music company
has to trim some parts of the songs.

I wish if musical companies could release some of these Pancham songs
containing all parts intact - so that we all can enjoy it fully and with
great quality :-)

Any comments/thoughts most welcome.... !

Regards,

Shailendra

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
pancham-digest-***@public.gmane.org
pancham-fullfeatured-***@public.gmane.org

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
pavanpooviahkc
2011-05-12 12:02:44 UTC
Hi Shailendra,

I miss this too while listening to the audio of the 2 songs :

1. Chand churake laya hoo from Devta ( picturised so beautifully ) : The antara repeat is not there in the audio.

2. Ditto for the rocking Main akela aur dilbar hain kahin from Kaun Kaisey.

Cheers / Pooviah

sourav mazumder
2011-05-12 17:42:51 UTC
You can get full songs of these 2 in LP. In CDs they probably got the songs from EPs. Hence the problem. However, there are surely many songs which are different in LPs also (from movies).

________________________________

pavanpooviahkc
2011-05-16 11:31:02 UTC
Thanks.

I forgot to mention the third song, which is Daiya yeh main kaha phasi from Caravan. Here also the Antara is not repeated in the audio CD. But is there in the movie.

Not just the deletion of the repeat that gives you an incomplete feeling. It is also the exciting music and vocals that come between the repeats of the three songs that are sorely missed.

Pavan

Ashish Tripathi
2011-05-24 07:28:11 UTC
Here is a list of few songs which are either incomplete on CD or have a different/extra antara....

1. Madhosh - Gulabi Chehra (It has an extra antra..)
2. Parichay - Musafir hoon yaaron....
3. Naya Daur - Chalo Kahin Aur chalte hain...
4. Devata - Jab Ek Qaza Se Gujaro...
I'll post few more as I'm not able to recall 'em right now...

Regards
Ashish Tripathi

2011-05-25 11:05:55 UTC

    Another masterpiece from Panchamda which has been edited( so sadistically by the Audio Company) is "rim jim ghire saawan" from Manzil. In the DVD version(Shemaroo....if i remember right) carries that humming (so melodious....by KK). I have this Audio CD of this Song under altleast 5 or 6 titles.......but none of them carries the humming part.

Shaiendra good thread to start.

Cheers..........Pradeep.

Ashish Tripathi
2011-05-26 03:26:47 UTC
Oh yes..I forgot to mention Rimjhim Gire Saawan..anyways..hereare few more..
1. Charitraheen - Dil Se Dil Milne Ka (The soundtrack has a minute long humming in Lata's voice just before the starting of the song...)
2. Phir Kab Milogi - the soundtrack has some folk/traditional song in Sapan's voice (if I'm not wrong) plus the "Khit Pit Khit Kare" by Kishore da...never released on disc.
3. Ujaala Hi Ujaala - Ka Ka Ka Jiya Bole Re by kishoreda - never released on any any disc..

more later..

Regards,
Ashish

From: Ashish Tripathi <ashtricks-***@public.gmane.org>

To: pancham-***@public.gmane.org

From: pavanpooviahkc <pavanpooviahkc-/***@public.gmane.org>

To: pancham-***@public.gmane.org

badaa_kabootar
2011-05-26 11:57:23 UTC
Thanks for posting some additional examples.

Not related, but recently I saw Joshila. It had a music piece, when Dev Anand goes to meet Madan Puri. It was a wonderful music piece in a pub, and it was for, I think, about 1-2 mins may be...

Listen to it, if you get a chance...
Date: Wednesday, 25 May, 2011, 11:05 AM

Hi,

Muhammad Suhail
2011-06-15 06:56:57 UTC
Dear Ashish Tripathi

Hello,
Fully agreed with you that companies when they release casettes/CDs they are
more commercial & even they dont bother to avoid trimming  the gem pieces of
Lord Pancham.
Another example you may take is a fantasctic mujra in "Qudrat" ....'Dil to dete
nahi kehte ho sawal acha hy".....(Asha),you will not find in Pre-recorded stuff,
"Jane kaise kab Kahan......Shakti".....Alap is missing though can me watched in
movie.

Regards
Dr.Suhail

________________________________

badaa_kabootar
2011-06-16 11:36:48 UTC
Thanks Suhail.

Yah you are right.

Movie version of the following songs got some nice extra musical stuff.

"Dil to dete nahi kehte ho sawal acha hai" (by Asha) from Kaalia
"Jane kaise kab Kahan......Shakti"

I like the different variations or alaaps taken in the song "Sooni re sajariya sajan bin tere" from Namak Haram, sung beautifully by Asha & Usha.

Also, "Takara gaye do badal ambar par" from Mazaaq has nice music before the song starts, which is only in movie version.

regards,

Shailendra